Training Programme Information:
- Cardivia Simulation Exercise
- Field Trip 1 (land based) to the Phuket Coastal Fisheries Research and Development Centre, Phuket Marine Biological Centre, Phuket Aquarium
- Group Exercise - Applying Tools for Managing Environmental Impacts in Coastal and Marine Environments
- Field Trip 2 (ocean based--aboard MV Fahsai) - Kai Nai Island and Mai Ton Island to view artificial reef substrate
deployment in response to destruction of natural coral reef, view impact of tourism on coastal areas, land reclamation, and multi-use port facilities.
- SWOT Exercise
- Atlantis Simulation Exercise
- Round Table Discussion with six International, Inter-governmental, Regional and National organisation representatives
2016 Training Programme
The first training programme to be offered by IOI in Thailand entitled Regional Ocean Governance Framework, Implementation of the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS) and its Related Instruments in the Southeast Asian Sea and the Indian Ocean was held from the 28th February to 19th March 2016 in Phuket, Thailand. The training programme was directed by Ms Margaret Wood (former Director of IOI Canada). Support was provided by the IOI Thailand Training Centre, and staff from the Department of Marine and Coastal Resources (DMCR).
Twenty-two participants from nine countries - Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Iran, Malaysia, Maldives, Sri Lanka and Thailand - attended the training programme delivered over three weeks. The participants came from a wide range of academic, employment and voluntary marine related sectors: fisheries, environmental policy and planning, aquaculture, shipping, coastal management, disaster preparedness and management, conservation, deep sea technology, research and development, and more.
For more information either kindly contact Mr. Kunjapong ANURATPANICH, Director of IOI-Thailand (kunjapong(at)windowslive.com) or click on the IOI-Thailand website here.
A short report of the course is provided in the latest edition of the IOInforma news bulletin (04/16) available for download here or in the Archive section.