IOI ANNUAL REPORTS
IOINFORMA NEWS BULLETIN
PACEM IN MARIBUS (PIM) CONFERENCES
Past Conferences (1970-2013):
1. PIM I - Malta 1970: Quiet Enjoyment: Arms Control and Police Forces for the Oceans
2. PIM II - Malta 1971: A Constitution for the Oceans
3. PIM III - Malta 1972: Economic Potential of the Oceans
4. PIM IV - Malta 1973: Regional Cooperation in the Caribbean
5. PIM V - Malta 1974: The Common Heritage of Mankind
6. PIM VI - Okinawa, Japan 1975: The Sea We Would Like to See
7. PIM VII - Mexico 1976: The Law of the Sea and Latin America
8. PIM VIII - Algeria 1977: The Law of the Sea and the New International and Economic Order
9. PIM IX - Yaounde, Cameroon 1978: Africa and the Law of the Sea
10. PIM X - Vienna, Austria 1980: The Monitoring of Ocean Processes, The Surveillance of Uses, and The Enforcement of Agreed Rules of
Management and Conservation
11. PIM XI - Mexico 1981: National Legislation and the New Law of the Sea
12. PIM XII - Colombo, Sri Lanka 1982: Marine Sciences and the New Law of the Sea
13. PIM XIII - Norrtalje, Sweden 1984: The Denuclearization of the Oceans
14. PIM XIV - USSR 1985: Technical, Legal, Environmental and Economic Aspects of Shipping and Navigation
15. PIM XV - Valletta, Malta 1987: The Commemoration of the 20th Anniversary of the Maltese Initiative which led to
16. PIM XVI - Halifax, Canada 1988: Ocean Technology, Development Training and Transfer
17. PIM XVII - Moscow, USSR 1989: Peace in the Oceans: the New Era
18. PIM XVIII - Rotterdam, The Netherlands 1990: Ports as Nodal Points in a Global Transport System
19. PIM XIX - Lisbon, Portugal 1991: Ocean Governance: National, Regional, Global Institutional Mechanisms of Sustainable
Development in the Oceans
20. PIM XX - Valletta, Malta 1992: Ocean Governance: A Model for Global Governance in the 21st Century
21. PIM XXI - Takaoka, Japan 1993: Ocean Governance: A Model for Regional Seas in the 21st Century
22. PIM XXII - Madras, India 1994: Sustainable Development and Regional Cooperation
23. PIM XXIII - San Jose, Costa Rica 1995: Potential Contributions of Ocean Governance and the Law of the Sea to the
Implementation of the Secretary General's "Agenda for Peace"
24. PIM XXIV - Beijing, China 1996: Oceans in the 21st Century
25. PIM XXV - Malta 1997: Common Heritage and the 21st Century
26. PIM XXVI - Canada 1998: The Crisis of Knowledge: New Directions for Learning and Informed Decision-Making for Oceans and
27. PIM XXVII - Fiji 1999: Oceans in the New Millennium: Challenges and Opportunities for the Islands
28. PIM XXVIII - Hamburg, Germany 2000: The European Challenge
29. PIM XXIX - Cape Town, S Africa 2002: The Ocean in the New Economy
30. PIM XXX - Kiev, Ukraine 2003: A Year after Johannesburg. Ocean Governance and Sustainable Development: Ocean and
Coasts - a Glimpse into the Future
31. PIM XXXI - Townsville, Australia 2005: Building Bridges to Integrated Oceans Governance: Linking Ocean Science,
Engineering, Science and Policy
33. PIM XXXIII - Beijing, PR China 2010: International Conference on Oceans, Climate Change & Sustainable Development:
Challenges to Oceans & Coastal Cities
34. PIM XXXIV - Bangkok, Thailand 2013: International Forum on Sustainable Governance of the Ocean: Impacts of climate change &
ocean related hazards: Water & flood management policy implications, protection, mitigation & adaptation; & follow up of the
outcome of Rio +20: Implementation of UNCLOS & related instruments in the Southeast Asian region; and Internet Web-Based
Geographical Information System
The database of Conference Proceedings can be downloaded below:
Conference Proceedings available (to download):
More documents (Proceedings) will be uploaded soon.
CHILDREN'S ARTWORK EXHIBITIONS
The artworks submitted through the IOI represent a collection of pictures and collages produced by children in countries all around the world where the IOI is present through the activities of its Operational Centres.
Venues where the Children's Artwork Exhibitions have been held in the past are below:
Information on the exhibitions held may be obtained from the IOInforma News Bulletin Series above. A catalogue of Children's Artwork displayed at exhibitions is available for download below:
Strictly necessary cookies guarantee functions without which this website would not function as intended. As a result these cookies cannot be deactivated. These cookies are used exclusively by this website and are therefore first party cookies. This means that all information stored in the cookies will be returned to this website.
Functional cookies enable this website to provide you with certain functions and to store information already provided (such as registered name or language selection) in order to offer you improved and more personalized functions.
Performance cookies gather information on how a web page is used. We use them to better understand how our web pages are used in order to improve their appeal, content and functionality.
Marketing / Third Party Cookies originate from external advertising companies (among others) and are used to gather information about the websites visited by you, in order to e.g. create targeted advertising for you.